A renter’s life often swings between ‘Making the house feel homely’ & ‘What if I have to shift soon’. Never mind! There are many ways in that are balanced, do not dig a deep hole into your deposits & transform your rental into a cozy, gorgeous & lively abode.
Keep your chin up, this does not necessarily be expensive. Remember ‘Even the hardest puzzles have a solution.’ 🙂
1. Paint one wall
Yes, we understand that repainting the entire room or house would be a costly affair & a ‘too soon to commit’ situation considering the uncertainty attached to a rented home.
No worries! You can dress up your home in a classy and sophisticated way if you just paint one wall in the room or in other words use an ‘Accent wall’. Pick a unique color, brightness or texture for the accent wall. If the entire room is in lighter tones a single wall painted in turquoise, teal or cobalt blue is going to add extraordinary glamour & charm to the room.
2. Vibrant statement furnishing
The accent wall is an easy & obvious option but in case painting a wall bright is not feasible in a rented home or you are keen on spending for things that are long lasting, invest in vibrant furnishings. Based on your priority & comfort select which item would you prefer to invest in ex. Sofa set, side tables, beds, dining tables, a designer dressing or wardrobes. It’s completely okay to go slow & create your ideal home in bits & pieces.
A magenta boss chair in front of a neutral wall or a bright yellow side-table can instantly warm up the ambiance.
You might already be having few statement possessions with sentimental values, consider renovating them. For example, your grandmother’s cushion chair can be completely transformed with a vibrant floral printed fabric. Also, there are so many bright & artistic furnishing pieces are available in the market. Exploring them itself is a pleasure 🙂
3. Art & Decor
Sadly, there is no other way to put this: A Tenant rarely has the freedom to do whatever he wants to do with the rented house. The good news is this does not stop one to transform his space according to his personality & unique ideas. A place called ‘Home’ is incomplete without some art & handpicked decor which reflects you.
“Holes in the wall” is often a reason for your deposit cuts or tussle with the landlord (If not, yayy you are one lucky fellow) When it comes to wall art or paintings. Don’t worry! Following are some clever ways to avoid or limit them:
- Use a shelf or table to showcase your paintings
- Opt for stick and peel wall papers or wall stickers instead
- A picture hanging strip can hold the wall frames perfectly
- Use adhesive wall hooks for hanging purposes instead of drilling the wall
- If you want to add photo frames You can opt for a hanging picture display that needs one hole and will showcase multiple pictures.
Additionally, add some exclusive art pieces, figurines, vases, rugs, light fixtures (Removable) for a personal and warm vibe & to feel at home. If you have a tiny place use contemporary mirrors to create an illusion of a bigger space & to enhance home aesthetics.
4. Prettify your bathroom
A clutter-free bathroom is essential for a soothing bath time also an impressive bathroom creates a positive impact on your home.
- Collect & group all the bathing essentials & cosmetics together and put them in attractive baskets.
- Install a modern & stylish vanity & try to hide not so good looking items & tools.
- Add one or two small indoor plants or succulents with quirky planters.
- Invest in a classy washable shower curtain. Vinyl curtains are a good idea which keeps the water in the shower & not on the floor. They also dry quickly.
- Use a big cozy & cute bathroom mat to add glamour to your bathroom.
- Use some quirky and humorous washroom poster quotes. Tada! It brings a smile 🙂
- If the bathroom walls are messy & stains are permanent use a temporary stick and peel printed wall-paper or tile.
- Buy & Install a new shelf or use an old one to keep fresh flowers, books & not to forget aroma candles.
With the above implemented imagine your bathroom & a long warm bath!! Already feeling it? Go for it.
5. Plants and flowers
Eternal truth: Plants are beneficial for your home as they purify the indoor air as well as look gorgeous. The good news is these are a big trend nowadays!! Our trend setters have officially accepted that houseplants are unique statement pieces & create a beautiful vibe. Thanks. (Pun intended)Fr a rented home an economical and the easiest way to decorate a home is opting for indoor plants.
Be it the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, living room, guest room or dining area – with some stunning plant space is going to emit not only oxygen but also luxury & elegance. Choose plants that grow quickly & are easy to maintain.
Ex. Spider plant, pothos, aloe vera, jade plant, dieffenbachia and velvet plant. Know more about the Best Indoor Plants for a home here.
6. Flexible furniture & storage
is your best buddy if you are living in a rented home. If your house has a space crunch or your job requires shifting frequently opting for pliant modular pieces is a good idea. Ex a sofa cum bed will adorn your living room & can serve the purpose of a guest bed too. Folding tables, Wall mounted Invisible beds or dining tables, folding bed tables, study tables with storage & a lifting top for the coffee time, etc are extremely handy & multi functional in a rented home. Pack your bags peacefully & empty the home hassle free when the time comes to move on.
In the end, it’s great to have your own house but happiness and beauty can be achieved anywhere 🙂 Be a little patient, selective, practical & recall the fact that you might have to leave this space before investing in any home furnishings or decor. You can get more of such ideas on our website here.
“A house is not a home without Love.” so spread love & be happy ❤
Team Ogling Inches