The Holiday Season is finally here 🙂 (Winter too!!) meaning it’s time for everything red, green, gold & snowy. But before Santa slips down the chimney you need to decorate your home all dreamy & be ready for the festival fun because,
“Christmas isn’t a season. it’s a feeling.” & your home should have a positive, merry, vibrant & harmonious vibe.
Here we are sharing some doable & pretty Christmas home decoration ideas:
The Christmas Tree
When we talk about Christmas Decor ‘Christmas tree’ has to be discussed first as it’s the star attraction & Christmas celebration can not be completed without one.
- The base or the tree can be an artificial one & can be bought in different sizes. You can buy an artificial Christmas tree here. Also, you can go organic & with vibrant ornamentation turn a tree in your garden into THE Christmas tree to avoid the extra cost.
- You can buy an artificial tree which is well ornamented (Or comes with the hanging ornaments) & ready to rock or pick a plain base tree & decorate it with family and friends. This process is fun filled & exciting specially for kids.
- Let’s come to the decoration process. Go vintage & stick to the festival’s theme with glitter bells, ribbons, red & golden garlands, shiny Christmas tree balls, star or reindeer shape hangings, fairy lights, wreath (Learn to make paper wreath) & tinsels.
- You can also go DIY & not only decorate the tree but make the ornamentation yourself. All the kids of friends & family can have a fun time doing it. Learn to make easy & gorgeous tree ornamentation here. This is more sentimental, cost effective & customizable.
- Arrange all the Christmas gifts around the tree & pack the gifts artistically. Learn some easy & intelligent Christmas gift wrapping ideas here.
- Keeping the beautiful Christmas tree in the yard is a great idea. It welcomes the guests & also gives the whole house a festive feel 🙂
- Put a letter box & write ‘Letters to Santa’ on it. This will be a fun idea where all the kids can drop their wishes & demands from their favorite Santa Clause.
Image source :zulily.com
- Put a wreath not only on your front door but also on the front of your car. Go a little over the top! Yay!
- Wrap & ornament the garden main gate & columns of your home with pine garlands.
- And the most important – fairy lights; use these magical strings to make your space the winter wonderland which glows all night.
Christmas Home Indoor Decoration
- Use a black & red check print fabric & sew 2 -3 cushions ( Learn to make here) or buy the readymade ones & place them on the couch for the Christmas-y vibe.
- Your table setting & arrangements can set the right tone for the holiday season. Use stunning centerpiece, Christmas theme table runners & napkins. Experiment a bit & use a little creativity to create impressive table setting. Below are few fun Christmas Table Decoration ideas:
Image source: comofazeremcasa.net
Image source: hometrendings.com
- On a side table (At the entrance or living room) keep a tray & decorate it with one or two aroma candles, pinecones, small snowman, Christmas metallic balls, ribbons & other festive theme items. Try to stick to traditional red, green, white & golden theme of this beautiful festival while selecting decor items.
- Wrap the staircase with big garlands in green & place ribbons & other small decorations here and there.
- Place a snowman or Santa figurine on the TV unit along with string lights & pine garlands.
- Welcome the holiday with a ‘Merry Christmas banner’ on the front door or on the living room side wall. The banner is available here.
- Take a string & place your family pics, Christmas santa socks & santa caps with the help of clips & you can use this beautiful festive display in the kitchen, bedroom or any other wall. You can also buy a Christmas Wall hanging instead of making it.
- No decor is complete without balloons. Yes, Decorate your home with Christmas theme balloons. Not the regular ones, get some Christmas theme balloons from here.